AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Troublesome file-Insight/SMS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/14/2006 06:24 (#61415 - in reply to #61175)
Subject: Latest Developments-Some Success

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

I attempted to read in the Troublesome file into yet a third computer. This unit was running SMS 6.5. The file read in OK but the map seemed to have a section missing.

I then installed V 6.5 on the office machine which had been running 6.0. After the migration was completed I read in the Troublesome file with success. Again a section was missing so I read in other files from the memory card. I then seemed to have the missing section filled in so apparently that section was harvested on a different day. I had thought that I harvested that section all in one session but apparently not.

My next step is to upgrade the home machine (where the problem first surfaced) to 6.5. The migration process will be lengthy on this machine due to the volume of files.

At that point I will try to reread the Troublesome file in. My fear is that SMS will want to skip that file as it will feel that it has already been read in. Possibly renaming the file and trying again will get it into the system.

At this point it seems that the problem was due to using older versions of SMS with this particular file. My Insight is running 3.5.

I'm puzzled why I did not have problems with other log files as well. This particular file was 834K but I have others that are larger.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)