AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Troublesome file-Insight/SMS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/12/2006 15:21 (#60819)
Subject: Troublesome file-Insight/SMS

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have been processing the log files from my Insight into SMS today. Several files are involved since the activities that I logged included Soybean Harvest, Corn Harvest and some late Manure Application.

My procedure is to copy the .ilf files from the memory card to a folder on my computer. I then load them into SMS from my hard drive rather than from the card directly.

I started the procedure and walked away from the computer to let it work on loading in these files. When I returned I had a nasty error message and the loading had aborted.

I restarted the computer and tried again. This time I watched as the files were either loaded or skipped because they had been loaded in previously. Again the process stopped and I noted the Troublesome file.

The file was named 06101300.ilf, which means it was from October 13, 2006. I checked my calendar and noticed that Oct 13, 2006 was a Friday. Friday the Thirteenth! I'm not superstitious but this did seem a bit of a coincidence.

I tried renaming the file on the memory card and then load that file. I got the same results.

I removed the log files from the memory card and reinserted it back into the Insight and did a copy log files from the Setup page. I watched carefully as the files were copied and the Troublesome file was again copied to the memory card.

I took this card to a different computer but the results were the same. I am now of the opinion that the original log file is corrupt.

Any ideas of what to try next? I can live without that file as it is only a portion of a field but I would like to have it if the fix isn't too complicated.

Edited by tedbear 11/12/2006 15:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)