AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Serious Pioneer corn question....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

technugget
Posted 9/9/2020 09:59 (#8484772 - in reply to #8483123)
Subject: Really disappointed in the responses......

To answer a few questions for those who likely didn't read the entire OP. I do grow corn. I do not sell seed. I have not grown Pioneer in at least 10 years outside of a test plot. I have 2 varieties planted this year in a test plot that my local Pioneer rep recommended for my soil type and fertility program. I have walked it and it looks disappointing too. But that is just two, 12 row wide strips a couple hundred feet long. My crop consultant pegs them 10-12 bu/ac lower than other genetics in the plot.

Talking with my neighbor this weekend who has about 50% Pioneer corn, he is sick to his stomach about how his crop looks, and he's expecting a lot more yield difference that what I'm expecting in my test plot.

What I was hoping to see someone present, was an explaination of Pioneer genetics, and if in some way they don't produce chlorophyll at the same rate as other genetics, or their genetics allow them to use N more efficiently, using less energy in the plant cell structure itself to put yield on. Instead I had a bunch of idiots reply childish taunts, which I suppose is par for this forum. I expected more out of my local Pioneer rep, but he's apparently no better than you guys.

Now - if someone can properly answer the OP question, I'm still all ears. Any geneticists or agronomists on this page have any knowledge as to my question? A bit more info, most all of this corn was planted by the 5th of May, which is early for the past 5 or 6 years. Had a perfect spring to get things planted quickly. Then 3 weeks of cold, wet weather. But all genetics are in the same boat and faced all the same environmental conditions.

Looking forward to someone with a response with merit.

Edited by technugget 9/9/2020 10:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)