AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cattle Shed Looking for Recommendations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 9/8/2020 14:08 (#8483091 - in reply to #8482812)
Subject: RE: Cattle Shed Looking for Recommendations

western iowa,by Denison
we use Bohlman waters with electric but also use the manual overflow-reasonable price-trying a couple everlast waters-high price -but some things I want to try-we have used plow beams for post's and bolted 3 rail guard rail to them-last your next set of grandkids kids plus -as they are very stout-my fenceline bunks work great-home made and have feed 200# calves to 3,000# bulls off of them-simple to make-guard rail neck bar on top-simple concrete step and curb.
Really happy with my mono slope rafter barn -building the second one-first one was a 36x112-this one is a 36x160
We have 5 buildings built with galvanizied 6x6 tubing for posts-the other barns are built with treated laminated 3 ply 2x6's and couple built with 2x8 3 ply laminated instead of steel posts.

I like narrow buildings for cattle-the 30 to 36 ft wide seem to be the sweet spot-have a couple at 46ft-some at 30ft wide that I also like better then the 40ft wide ones
I'm on my last cattle barn sadly-as I look forward to building them-we have 16 cattle barns that Adam and myself have built-neighbors also helped on the rafters and roof a few days off and on.

You are welcome to come look-there is also a cow barn -that a neighbor just finished up-not far away-that I could also show you-he has 50 cows and doing the same as you
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)