AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting radar output from cfx750 to microtrak gsc1000
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/8/2020 06:21 (#8482234 - in reply to #8481731)
Subject: RE: Getting radar output from cfx750 to microtrak gsc1000

Don't call it a 'gator, it's a Ranger
I have used Pin #2 of the Port A Deutsch connector on the rear of a CFX 750 as a radar source for a Raven 440. That wire will need to get to the speed input of the Microtrak device. It may also be necessary to get a common ground connection from the CFX 750 to the Microtak device. If so, my drawing shows that I used Pin #10 of Port A for that.

It will be necessary to go into the Menu system of the CFX 750 and turn "ON" the radar out feature. This is sometimes referred to as "digital output". You will also be asked to set the output frequency in Hertz (HZ). With the Raven I chose 57 Hz and set the Raven up with SP2 for radar and a speed cal of around 620.

In looking at the system diagram, it may be necessary to use a "slow down" interface box which was necessary when using radar with some of the older MT products. This may not be necessary if you setup the CFX 750 with a low frequency output rather than the 57 Hz I used with the Raven

I think I would try using a small output frequency of say 20 Hz or smaller for a test. Start moving and check for any speed indication on the MT device. If so then it is a matter of adjusting the frequency output in the Menu of the CFX 750 and/or adjusting the speed cal in the MT device. Adjust one or the other or both until the MT speed agrees with the speed shown on the CFX-750.

More: I wanted the Raven to control a coverage map on my CFX 750 as well. To do this I used Pin #11 and Pin #10 (again as it is ground) to go to a relay that was controlled by the Raven. When the center section of the Raven was ON, it activated the relay which connected Pin #11 to Pin #10 (ground). There is a menu choice on the CFX-750 which controls a coverage map based on different activities. I chose the one called "switch". Then I got a coverage map of where the Raven was applying. The map is not perfect for partial passes but was still very handy.

I used a relay controlled by the Raven on the center section to control the connection between Pin #11 and Pin #10. This keeps the two systems isolated for an electrical separation standpoint. A simple switch between Pin #11 and Pin #10 would control the coverage map but require the operator to flip the switch to start/stop the coverage map. With the relay this is done automatically.

More yet: It is also possible to use Pins #7, 8 & 9 for a video camera so video can be shown on the CFX 750 screen.

Edited by tedbear 9/8/2020 07:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)