AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another fungicide question?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Farmingismyhobby
Posted 9/7/2020 00:27 (#8480396)
Subject: Another fungicide question?

SWMN
My agronomist once told me once you start using fungicide you kill all the good, and therefore you need to keep applying fungicide to keep your yields up. Do you think there's any truth to that???

He said get your soil health right and you won't need to spend money on fairy dust and foo foo juice. Got me thinking why some see huge ROI and some say it's a waste of money.

Maybe we need a discussion on cover crop and tillage practices to go along with our rate of return??? Also without reference to where you farm would play into rate of return, northern vs. southern, dryer climate vs. humid. Just giving me and you something to think about.

It's very tough to put my finger on it because different tillage practices and minimum tillage, notill, striptill. Some looks green and healthy and some doesn't, but not sure who's using fungicide or not.

For me I've never seen a return on fungicide. I've split fields cross rows many times and different products. I've gone to strip or notill and also have customers that do conventional till. So I see many different snafu's.

What say you???
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)