AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Montana cattlemen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jfqc
Posted 9/7/2020 21:48 (#8481981 - in reply to #8480394)
Subject: sarpy fire is my back yard.

se montana
the sarpy fire started 10 miles south of me, and proceeded to make a run to the southeast getting 50,000 plus acres. I went up there and sprayed some water on it for a couple of days.

The same guy that lost the hay, the tractor, and 90 % of his grass just found a pile of 120 dead cattle today. At first, he thought the cattle were the neighbors, but found out today they were his. Its a big place with lots of coulees. He's hoping he doesn't find anymore, but said he's really not sure how many were lost.

I don't know them very well, but the family has been ranching there for 100 years and they are good people. I hope there is some sort of benefit/fund set up for them.

p.s.

we've had a horrible year here with historical cold spring, drought, grasshoppers, and heat and wind. We personally lost a couple sections of grass, but thats not even anything to complain about considering what my neighbor is going through.

I haven't gotten a head count on our cows since our fire, but I looked pretty hard and can't find any dead. My dad got them moved out of there very quickly as the fire came over the hill. It was a two section pasture and most of it burned.

Edited by jfqc 9/7/2020 21:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)