AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Building hog barns/cattle in 2021 bad idea???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 9/6/2020 10:22 (#8478870 - in reply to #8477563)
Subject: RE: Building hog barns/cattle in 2021 bad idea???

Mid Michigan
Not to mention the stress of having a $2million dollar debt hanging over your head for decades. I've never understood the mentality of people going into debt to build a hog barn so they can "stay at home". I like to stay around home but we probably have several hundred jobs around here that pay $50,000 a year with benefits that I can go and get without having 2 million dollars in debt to have them. I'm sure minnesota is pretty similar. And I honestly can't imagine a spouse agreeing with it either. Imagine sitting down and saying honey I have a great idea. I want to go 2 million in debt with YOU so I can be home more with you and the kids. I would think most women would say Noooooo! You can go get a job at the Ace Hardware and be home every day and not put us in unbelievable debt for 20 years or more. Get a job driving a tractor on a dairy farm, a job at Walmart, a job in a factory, a job at a Mcdonalds, a job at the elevator. All of those people working those occupations raise families they see every night and don't have a huge debt to do it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)