AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Samsung Rugged phone reviews,
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

David in MD
Posted 9/3/2020 19:06 (#8474612)
Subject: Samsung Rugged phone reviews,

I'm on an AT&T prepaid cellular plan where I have to buy my own phone. My first Samsung was the Rugby with an Otter box case. The phone lasted a good 4 years with the battery replaced once. What killed the phone was the usb charging port wore out and it could no longer be charged. I was never impressed with the expensive Otterbox case. My next Samsung was the S7 Active which had the capacity for wireless charging. This phone lasted about 2 years when the battery, which isn't user replaceable, died. The best thing about this phone was the cheap Unicorn Beetle case. My current phone is the latest and greatest Samsung Galaxy Xcover. The first one lasted just about 30 days when the new and improved USB C charging port wore out and it wouldn't charge and wouldn't turn on even if you fiddled with it enough to take a charge. I could send it back to Samsung taking a week or more and they would repair it under warranty. I opted to return it to Amazon who shipped out a replacement immediately. Going on two weeks or so now the replacement quit taking a charge, no way, no how, no matter how much fiddling I did. This is a rugged phone and is supposed to be water resistant. Good thing because no one makes a decent case for it yet. When it detects water in the unprotected usb charging port it gives you a moisture detected message and won't take a charge. You've got to dry it out and restart it to get rid of the message. This phone has a huge removable battery but it isn't compatible with wireless charging. The solution is an illusive docking port with a pogo pin charger mentioned only in advertising literature but Samsung customer service knows nothing about it. I finally tracked down the Koamtec charger on Amazon for around $150. So far this is making my $500 phone work. I'm afraid my next phone just may be an I Phone so I can fit in better with the rest of my family.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)