AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Triple Net Lease Hog Barn Economics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 9/6/2020 08:00 (#8478558 - in reply to #8476721)
Subject: RE: Triple Net Lease Hog Barn Economics

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana

hobby95 - 9/4/2020 21:40 The people who really believe manure is so bad really crack me up. Around here it’s most defiantly not a liability if fact I look at is an asset. Have to bought p or k on 500 acres in 15-20 years. Selling some to neighbors now also.

100% agree its a HUGE asset to the right guys. but its also a HUGE liability to the wrong guys (the owners of the hogs sitting in an office in the city). manure will become more policed and more regulated and more of a liability, not less. I'm certainly not suggesting guys quit raising hogs or quit taking on these contract grower agreements. But these large hog integrators are 100% using the American farmer to take the liability of their "hazardous waste" byproduct their "factories" produce.
When I built my grain bin site and shop/shed building on a new farm, i was really blown away by the cost it was going to be to get stone for it. i had a good friend of mine who new the state was going to be milling a repaving the highway about 2 miles from it. he got me connected with the guy in charge and got he hooked up with about 500+ loads of millings to use at stone. in all reality i took a liability away from them. an oil based product that 50 years from now i might has to pay a hazmat crew to dig out of my barn lot and pay to dump as a haz mat dump site... its all in how a person looks at something from a different angle then the other 99% do. hopefully that never comes to light, but in the world we live in all possibilities are on the table... 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)