AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What was the potential of this crop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

NEIAAG
Posted 9/2/2020 11:45 (#8471932 - in reply to #8471687)
Subject: RE: What was the potential of this crop

Swmnag - 9/2/2020 09:13

What you saw was from the crop maturing earlier because of being planted earlier and benefitting from above average gdu’s. Those factors will mitigate the drought talk. Conditions allowed for maximum root penetration into the ground and the old saying goes it is hard to kill a deep rooted crop.

WOW. If I didn't know you farmed, I would really be questioning it. Price is going to do what its going to do and I couldn't careless about GDU's, drought talk or national yield relative to price. But I traveled to what I figured would be the garden spot of Iowa - the SE corner where I knew that they had had several good rains in August. What I found were fields that were as unevenly maturing as ours. I was blessed to be able to walk several fields and they were burnt well about the ear, less that half milk line. That said, kernel depth was pretty good compared to what I had seen in NE Iowa. We sent our drone over ours the last couple days to see how severe the moisture shortage was. Sure is uneven maturing for corn that "benefitted" from above average GDU's don't you think and I would guess a large part of Iowa suffered the same fate.

Take care

(farm pic (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments farm pic (full).png (100KB - 29 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)