AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Butter Bob is Right- Butter Bob is Wrong- See Dr. Unwin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/1/2020 07:51 (#8469511 - in reply to #8469462)
Subject: RE: Butter Bob is Right- Butter Bob is Wrong- See Dr. Unwin

Pittsburg, Kansas

Outstanding post. Very good points.

I suspect Butter Bob did not realize about TOFI's at the stage of his journey that he made that video. I know Dr Ken Berry talks about going back and redoing some videos that the information he gave back then he has learned of new things since. If a person is not changing their minds on at least some things, they have ceased learning.

The thin athletic people that are the picture of health but have become insulin resistant are at more risk of health problems than fat people. Visually fat people have the compensating effect of their subcutaneous fat taking the excess glucose out of their system. TOFI's lack that ability so the excess sugar goes to visceral fat = fat in and around the organs and muscles. The most dangerous kind of fat.

So just because a person looks trim and is athletic they may not be metabolically healthy at all. A C-Peptide blood test or fasting insulin assay blood test will tell the tale. Even a good HbA1c test is not absolute. If it has been creeping up a little over the years (a lot of thin people the doctor doesn't even do the test) or if they have just a little bit of a tire belly (indicating fatty liver) they are at risk. Probably more risk than a fat person.

I forget about Dr Unwin. Great resource. His sugar teaspoon equivalent charts are great at evaluating carbohydrates in foods.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Dr+David+Unwin

John

Edited by John Burns 9/1/2020 07:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)