AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Butter Bob is Right- Butter Bob is Wrong- See Dr. Unwin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Curious
Posted 9/1/2020 07:34 (#8469462)
Subject: Butter Bob is Right- Butter Bob is Wrong- See Dr. Unwin

NW IA
Butter Bob Briggs was mentioned in another thread and that made me think back to the beginning of my own experience. Butter Bob and Dr.David Unwin are the most influential sources of information I came across as a result of chasing links after being set in motion by NAT's own Mr. Burns.

Butter Bob's, "Don't Let Your Belly Steal Your Breakfast" on YouTube is as good as it gets in explaining weight gain and insulin- period. And it's ONLY 13 MINUTES.

But he makes a statement that is misleading for thin, or lean people. He says that the "fit" guy isn't insulin resistant so his system is working as it should in regulating blood sugar and energy cycling. Maybe, but there is more to the story= TOFI. Thin on the Outside Fat on the Inside.

This made me think of the overlay graph Dr. Mason shows with insulin going up and blood sugar doing just fine....until the lines reverse course when the pancreas gives up and everything grenades on you= IR and you didn't show it, didn't know it, kind of how I saw myself.

"Are We Blaming Salt For What the Sugar Did" By Dr. David Unwin- YouTube. He runs into patients who are thin and yet exhibiting metabolic disease. Watch the video, I am not going to screw up the information and waste your time by trying to re-package it here.

I met a person who was very athletic and in every way the picture of health before contracting a terrible liver disease. He said the docs kept pestering him about alcohol consumption. He had a very fatty liver, but he never consumed more than a single drink occasionally with a meal. He most likely had carbohydrate induced non-alcoholic fatty liver syndrome courtesy of the Standard American Diet.

Insulin and sodium, listen for it too.

Dr. Unwin says he spent half his career half asleep by never asking,"Why?" to things that perplexed him. A bad summary of this concept, "The drug I gave you makes your ankles swell? I'll give you water pills, they constipate you? I have a pill for that and for whatever side effect IT causes don't worry.........I've got pills for everything! Isn't it wonderful!" He also credits a patient for pointing out that carbs = sugar, it isn't just table sugar that needs to be counted.

P.S. On Butter Bob. I remember him making the statement that he might have better called himself "Fasting Bob", but I disagree. "Butter Makes Your Pants Fall Off" is a much catchier name for a web-site to point people to.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)