AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tram Lines in 15" corn with RTK Cellular Modem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ih_jon
Posted 9/1/2020 08:25 (#8469589 - in reply to #8468844)
Subject: RE: Tram Lines in 15" corn with RTK Cellular Modem

A good check you can do is hook up planter. Run A straight AB line engage on line and keep planter raised. Run autosteer on line for a few hundred feet when cross track error is 1 inch or less drop a flag/weed in field. Stop and put a flag under hitch pin, centered. Then turn around and let auto steer steer for a while and drive right over flag and stop with hitch over flag and measure offset if any. Should be inch or less. I repeat three times to get offset to complete a roll calibration is what you are doing. Be very precise in doing this. As well double check measurements for you implements make sure they are accurate.

Once tractor lines up over flag and you confirmed it. Do same with planter in the ground. Do the rows on planter line up when driving back over them the opposite direction. I once found a bent hitch on a planter doing this. On a 16 row you wouldn't think that but does the planter always pull straight through the soil? On rolling hills that planter can slide down the hill a little.

If you repeat and the rows are lining up now move to sprayer. If self propelled you can mark outside of wheel to check roll cal and see what you find through same process as above. If pull type check your tractor first if different from planting from planting tractor.

If you have to adjust the roll calibration just make sure to resave your configuration with new roll cal. Implement guidance is worth taking a look at but first make sure everything is working correctly before spending more money. Is it worth spending a lot of money on a older display and gps receiver?

I am not sure what RTK network you are using I have access to two networks and one network I do get some guidance line drift or shifts. We have been having issues with cellular modems maining internet service on verizon where a phone is staying connected to the internet.

It may be worth demoing the Centerpoint RTX to compare to RTK network performance.

Hope this helps.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)