AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Amish pies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ohiohorsewoman
Posted 8/31/2020 08:43 (#8467596 - in reply to #8467196)
Subject: RE: Amish pies

RFI90 - 8/30/2020 22:11

Got a couple different Amish communities in my area. I've stopped at one food stand along a highway for a couple years and she always does great work. A whole pie is about $6.50 and a mini pie that's 4-5" across (the equivalent of two slices of a regular pie) is $2.25.

One item I saw at a locker in Minnesota a few years ago is Roasted Pineapple Habanero Sauce. It's sweet with good heat without being too overpowering. It comes from Amish Wedding Foods in Millersburg, Ohio. www.amishweddingfoods.com

You can buy a whole pie for $6.50? It costs nearly $5 for a pumpkin pie, a small one, at Aldi's. We have a local farm market, a good-sized one, that buys pies from a company up around Akron, I think it is, and bakes them onsite. Although I haven't looked lately, the fruit pies, depending on the fruit, were selling for between $11.50 and $13, but that was before this year of the drought. People snap them up. (Not me though.)

I've never heard of Amish Wedding Foods but I'm going to check out that site. Thx.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)