AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Maintaining muscle mass over the age of 50
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 8/31/2020 12:32 (#8467917 - in reply to #8467883)
Subject: one or two meals a day

Pittsburg, Kansas

Yes, normally two meals a day although yesterday and today we are both skipping lunch too (not hungry) so only one meal in the evening.

We ate "breakfast" for supper last night. Usually have 4 egg omlet (onion and cheese) although last night only 3 because I had a couple chaffles (that would be one more egg and cheese) covered in keto sausage gravy (probably a patty and a half sausage for my part) plus a half dozen strips of bacon. The keto gravy is made from heavy cream and cheese (really good). That was after appetizers of a couple different kinds of lunch meat, some liverwurst, radishes, half a boiled egg, a dozen green olives and half an avocado. Then yogurt with chopped pecans, diced apple (off our tree maybe a quarter of an apple - awfully green and tart) and chopped 85% chocolate.

Don't know what the carb count for that would be but I am sure it is under 20 for the day. Maybe more like 10-15. Calories with all the fat has to be up there quite a ways but it was my only meal of the day.

For breakfast coffee only and around lunch time did have a cup of hot bullion (wife mixes beef and chicken together and it tastes really good). If a person gets a hint of hunger the salt in the bullion and the warm fluid really hits the spot. Getting ready to have that now. The unsalted bullion is horrible, avoid it.

John

Edited by John Burns 8/31/2020 12:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)