AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mitral heart valve regurgitation trouble....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Nebraska Sandhiller
Posted 8/30/2020 11:49 (#8466084 - in reply to #8462984)
Subject: RE: Mitral heart valve regurgitation trouble....

NNW Nebraska
I didn't have my heart worked on but did have my chest cracked open and the sac around my hart removed. Probably from a virus it got hard and would not let my heart expand.

Recovery from that wasn't that bad. Did have a lifting restriction, but could get out and do a few things. Had to get help to lift or pull on anything. pain wasn't that bad. Had lots of pain pills left over.

Had a hard time walking across the street to the hospital, before the walk light went off and the cars got to me. Surgery on wensday, dismissed on Sunday. walked down the street 3 blocks to eat supper. Did sleep in a recliner for awhile. Actually we had a lift chair my mother had used, got that moved in and used that.

Month after surgery, I had My son hang a back pack sprayer on me, fill it with water . he had one to. we went and fought a grass fire in a canyon. 3 other guys & us Saved a guys house ! hour later got a coupla neighbors with grass rigs, to put out the bridge planks on a bridge that was burning. tried to get a fire department truck to help us but they allowed it was impossible & wouldn't help us. we got it out, but did have some bad planks. Would never have been fixed if all the planks hot burned.

very worst (scary) thing I did was get something out of the refrigerator a gallon of milk fell & I grabbed it. was afraid I might have ripped some stitches but turned out ok.

I would encourage you to get it done sooner than later, even if they have to crack your chest.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)