AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mitral heart valve regurgitation trouble....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 8/28/2020 19:07 (#8463188 - in reply to #8462984)
Subject: RE: Mitral heart valve regurgitation trouble....

central - east central Minnesota -

Doug61 - 8/28/2020 17:25 The backflow is now severe. Has anyone delt with this? Physically, I feel fine; symptom free. Doc says without surgery, I'd have serious heart damage or die in about 18 months. Mine started with a physician's assistant (PA) listening to my heart and hearing a murmur. (That meeting is result of a curious young herd bull and rabies). Two years later I'm scheduled for surgery. Doc says I'm fixable. He plans to repair the valve and if that's no good, replace it. My vet says it will be fine. Farm work is positioned OK. Family says get'er done. Mentally I'm humbled when thinking of folks with worse health news. All indications are 3 months out then I'm fine. Planned repair procedure is robotic assisted and minimally invasive but replacing the valve turns to open heart. I'm a newbie on here but noticed the friendly and helpful perspective. I have no experience with hospitals and surgery (healthcare yes, serious stuff no). These 2 points make me asks for your thoughts or experiences.   

I've got the same deal going on - will need surgery, likely this late fall or winter. Same deal, PA found murmur (after CDL physical Dr missed it 3 months earlier). Was never there before ? ? ?
Anyway, I chose (and am lucky enough being close to Mayo Clinic Rochester Mn) to have it there. They are rated in the top for such. Dr says nothing to worry about, very routine - that's when a guy needs to worry ? Anyway, they can crack open the chest, which takes longer to heal (not the heart repair, but the bone) or robotically without cracking chest open - I would like Robotically as way, way less down time. They say I'm not a good candidate, as only more risky patients get robotic . . . . (why ?).

Anyway, good luck - it'll be fine. Please post back and keep all of AgTalk updated. Apparently it's not a rear condition . . .  . If you are willing, post back on AgTalk Café, where it could help more become familiar with it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)