AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How a doctor learns to ignore some of his medical training
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cfdr
Posted 8/28/2020 10:50 (#8462342 - in reply to #8462282)
Subject: RE: studies and computer models

Interesting that what you write is pretty much my story too. I bought my first computer also because I would lay in bed at night and my mind would ratchet through the numbers in my head and come up with - "insufficient data to compute." And then it would start over with the analysis - with the same result. I became fascinated with computer modeling - using AI algorithms - to build models of a few markets in the early 90s. It has been a great "hobby" ever since, and I am still enjoying it.

"I think this was in the late 80's". - Good thing that was when money was so easy to come by in farming - right?? (BG). I had an education with a commodity broker just about the same time. The lesson was just because a broker just had a great year does not mean that there is any reason to believe he will repeat it this year. As time went by, I actually saw that the opposite was likely to happen. The most dangerous time to be in the markets is just after you've had a great run.

"Looks like we will end up with more than enough to retire comfortably so that is the most important thing." Again - exactly the way we feel - except I wonder how long we will feel that way when I look at what is happening on the TV every night. Marxism, no matter how many times we see it fail, just keeps rearing it's ugly head. This time it is being pushed by the elites. Just as in Russia a century ago and China about sixty years ago, a prosperous powerful working middle class is an inconvenience, it seems.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)