AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Modules for Valmar hydraulic drive Agleader ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/25/2020 06:14 (#8514023 - in reply to #8512460)
Subject: RE: Modules for Valmar hydraulic drive Agleader ?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As KRK mentions, the Clutch Control Module which is normally used for planters and drills operates under the assumption that No Power to the clutch means that the clutch is engaged or planting. When power is applied, the clutch is disengaged and planting stops for that section. This is the opposite logic to which many of us are accustomed with ON/OFF valves on a sprayer. Also on a sprayer the "hot" wire is typically the one that is switched ON/OFF.

This may be fine for your situation BUT if your system's section clutches needs power to plant then the logic would be backwards. Also be aware that the Clutches are wired with a constant "hot" and switch the "ground". When the Clutch Control Module completes "ground", the assumption is that the clutch will disengage and stop planting. This involves a bit of reverse thinking in those respects.

Also the Clutch Control Module may not be able to handle the current demands of your clutches. Relays can be used to alleviate these problems. A HD 12V relay can be used for each section so the actual load of running the clutch is handled by the relay rather than the Clutch Module directly. These relays need to receive their power and ground directly from the tractor battery and may require fairly heavy wiring. The idea is that the relays do the actual work of cycling the clutches and reverse the logic if necessary.

A Single Pole Double Throw 12V Heavy Duty relay can be used. This will allow you to use the Common and Normally Open terminals if your clutches use power to STOP planting. You would use the Common and Normally Closed terminals of the relay to reverse the logic if your Clutches need power TO plant. An overall Master switch would likely be a good idea also.

I could provide a rough drawing if helpful.

Edited by tedbear 9/25/2020 06:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)