AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader PF3000 - External GPS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Lone Cedar
Posted 8/29/2020 00:09 (#8463742 - in reply to #8457678)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader PF3000 - External GPS

SW Iowa
I ended up logging and analyzing a bit of data using the Lefebure utilities, and results were not what I expected. From what I can tell so far, the old GPS 3000 without any correction signal seems to be more accurate / less noisy (at least with receiver stationary) than the Garmin 19x on WAAS. And it is seeming to be more accurate by a pretty large margin.

I want to log some more data and try adjusting some settings on the Garmin to see how they affect its position stability better or worse before I make any definitive conclusions, but the data I've collected so far makes the Garmin look like basically straight garbage.

I minimally intend to also compare a newer Ag Leader 6000 WAAS, but need to make an adapter cable and didn't have what I needed with me today. If I have time I may also log some data off a Paradyme. Results from the Garmin and GPS 3000 so far are interesting enough to me that I think I'll post a new thread with some data and conclusions once I dig a bit deeper, in case anyone else finds it useful.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)