AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader PF3000 - External GPS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Lone Cedar
Posted 8/26/2020 21:05 (#8459210 - in reply to #8457678)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader PF3000 - External GPS

SW Iowa
Thanks tedbear. I appreciate knowing that you got along well with a Garmin 17N in a similar system--I suspect the 19x I have is basically a newer version, or at least what replaced that in their lineup.

I didn't explicitly mention it previously, but I was using Garmin's sensor config program and a USB-serial interface to manipulate the baud rate and other settings. I have the GPS set at 9600 baud, 1hz output, using GPS+GLONASS, GGA and VTG strings only.

If I interpreted the PF3000 menus correctly, I think with the GPS3000 the position data was coming in using the TSIP format at 9600 baud.

I remembered seeing some stuff from mx270a about static position testing GPS receivers several years ago, and doing some digging last night found that he built his own software tools to do that and has those tools freely available on his website. If I get time in the next couple weeks I may try to log some GPS data with the receivers stationary and see how the Garmin 19x compares to my Ag Leader 6000... I'm definitely curious.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)