AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Considering 20/20 SeedSense / YieldSense
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

FarmWeather
Posted 8/25/2020 13:32 (#8456291 - in reply to #8455988)
Subject: RE: Considering 20/20 SeedSense / YieldSense

Delta

HuskerBeef - 8/25/2020 09:24 The planting side of things have been okay, but would like to see some improvements. Seed spacing is pretty lackluster compared to Precision's speed tube. Currently have JD active pneumatic down force and considering upgrading it. Trying to decide if I should update to JD stuff or Precision meters and downforce. The 2630 also has its limitations with planting side-by-side trials and fertilizer checks that I'd like to do. Currently do some work around to make it happen. The JD ActiveYield is where I'm mostly disgusted. It's a joke from what I've found. Any changes in test weight and you just as well throw the data out. Had Deere techs ride along and troubleshoot last fall. Still had fields over 8% off and with a split planter a hybrid was off as much as 11%. I've come to the conclusion it is for people who plant a whole field with one variety with little variation. I have heard better results with PP YieldSense and am considering going that route. It would be nice to compare results in the field, but I assume that would require FieldView? So then the question is do I lean towards PP planting equipment in the future as well? What are the PP 20/20 advantages for planting over a Deere planting setup? Just thinking out loud...

Before I say this: I do not sell any of these products but have worked with a variety of farming operations, products, and information platforms in a consulting role. My .02 on the yield monitor discussion:

Very important to draw a distinction between the marketing material and what actually happens in the field. I personally do not see where Yieldsense is any better than a properly calibrated OEM setup that is using a flow sensor and multi point calibration. This can quickly devolve into a test weight discusssion (there are tons other on this board over the years), but it is worth noting that we are paid by weight, not by volume.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)