AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FMX Rangepoint problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ih_jon
Posted 8/25/2020 08:44 (#8455829 - in reply to #8453144)
Subject: RE: FMX Rangepoint problems

Have been having many issues on older gps receivers this year. Most of them on WAAS. I do have a new XCN-2050 out with xfill issues running on RTK in the FMX app. The newer receivers that can receive the L5 satellite signal I have been getting olong real good with this whole season so far. Also on the same above display I run xfill in the precision iq app and x fill is fine. I think there is an issue with firmware in some displays somewhere or maybe in the signal itself with older receivers, I am not a software engineer so take it with a grain of salt. On the 2050 we are still running the ag 25 antenna so no L5 signal. In answer to your question I had an older FM 750 that was having x fill issues and it ended being the main circuit board/receiver in that case. Along with the x fill issues we started having can communication issues with field iq system and then it followed to a 2nd implement and replaced the display and our problem was fixed. Are you having any can communication issues with steering or field iq on occasion as well? This can be repaired if this is indeed your problem on a 750 not sure on FM 1000, I think it is too soon to tell yet so I may be jumping the gun on this. If you do down the road of repair would that money be better spent in updating your display to get into a newer receiver? Something to ponder. The x fill signal runs on the same baud rate and hertz setting as rangepoint rtx when you are running rtk.

If your fm 1000 has the older receiver I am thinking like a 12 channel and newer ones had a 200 channel receiver. Don't quote me on this. There has been many changes in gps receivers since the FM 1000 was made.

Some ramblings from the gps world, good luck with your display. Support will ask did you re power and check your antenna connections? Yes, I am way past that now what do we do?

I enjoyed your clean up the water quote...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)