AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ontrac 3 vs Trimble EZ steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 8/23/2020 21:22 (#8453018 - in reply to #8452737)
Subject: RE: Ontrac 3 vs Trimble EZ steer

East Central, Nebraska
i look at things way different than anyone else. i look at as #1, i have to deal with the inaccuracies of waas plus whatever else could happen to the planter#2 i have to deal with the inaccuracies of a pull type planter drifting. some people have had great luck with accuracy of waas that i have never experienced in the last 23 or so years. if your not trying to do anything after the planter pass and your combine matches up with the rows of the planter you may be just fine. if not absolutely no way.

as far as the two, both have proven themselves on my farm. older ontracs id say not so sure every model you go down. but ontrac3 is pretty solid. my opinion would be based on how it steers without autosteer. if its tough to turn ontrac may be the best choice. if little to no resistance like i have seen on a mx you should be expecting the same results either way.

i love my dad but no way i would set him loose with either on waas. i always say i don't want to spend anyone elses money so i cant say a simple upgrade to the next level will change the outcome dramatically but here we are. im trying to sell a few new 7500s on rtk. if i still have that many at planting time i will be happy to loan you one at planting so you dont have to deal with any of the headaches waas will bring you. if agleader still has the deal that they will give you terrastar for a few months for free at that time, look me up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)