AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Diet Results
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 8/11/2020 19:06 (#8429320 - in reply to #8429253)
Subject: RE: Diet Results

Pittsburg, Kansas

Great explanation but you left out the sugar going low when a person exercises a little more than they anticipate or take a little more insulin than they needed, then have to eat again more food just to correct the low sugar. And the "snack" between meals to keep that from happening. All while needing to lose weight.

Don't know how many lows I have had while on insulin therapy but a few of them were scary. Nary a low since I got off insulin, diabetes meds and just started eating the amount of carbohydrates that my body could naturally handle on its own.

I don't think the problem is that the doctors are purposely trying to treat the patient poorly. I think there is just a lot of incentive for drug companies and reps to push insulin and pills. And the doctors get a lot of their information from drug reps. It is like so many things in modern society, a bandwagon gets rolling and it is hard to stop. No matter the evidence to the contrary.

I will say for full disclosure in the last week I have started taking metformin again as a trial. My fasting sugar is still higher than I would like to see, although my after meals are really good. It is one of the "least worst" diabetic drugs and has been indicated in possibly some other health benefits. I had a couple bottles left over from my last prescription so going to take it a few weeks and see if my blood sugar levels get even better. Will decide then whether to keep taking it or not. So far no bad side effects except some diarrhea the first day.

John

Edited by John Burns 8/11/2020 19:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)