AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 and Drone Deploy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

cwjones
Posted 8/10/2020 18:02 (#8427035)
Subject: DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 and Drone Deploy?

Southern Indiana

I have a Phantom 4 pro v2.0 and I use drone deploy to fly my fields. This is the first spring/summer that I have used the drone and program. Both systems have worked well until lately. I really feel like I have a good handle on how to use both products. So here is my laundry list of problems that could be related or not...

1. The compass needs calibrated 2-20 times a day. This seems to have gotten better after the last update. I also started powering up the drone 20 ft away from the truck and not 5-10 ft away like before. I have ran all day today without recalibrating.

2. The drone seems to fly at the appropriate heading but it does not point straight leading to crooked imaged. In other words, it flys a true 0 degree heading but its looking at 5-10 degrees doing so. It does this here and there and everywhere. One pass its pretty straight, one pass its off to the right a little, next pass its looking way left. Drone deploy seems to stitch the images well but I can only imagine they are not as good as they could be. 

3. The drone (while in drone deploy) will fly from the truck to the starting point in the field and just stop and hover. It may even be in the process of flying a field and get to the end, turn around and just stop. I can return home, start over and it will still go to the point and hover. No warnings, codes or alarms. I have even taken over manual control and it took 2-3 mins for the drone to actually let me fly it home.

I know this is very specific and very detailed but I cannot get any help from either company. They want me to look through their faq's about how to charge a battery or how to map a field. Nothing to do with real problems.  

TIA

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)