AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grilling to lose weight?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

OneEyedCat
Posted 8/12/2020 09:17 (#8430377 - in reply to #8430220)
Subject: RE: Grilling to lose weight?

Chad H - 8/12/2020 08:00

John, when I first started losing weight I ate very lean. I eventually ended up having what I suspected to be gall bladder pain the following spring while planting. I did research while continuing to plant and learned it was likely gall stones from lack of fat in my diet. I added healthy fats in and the issue went away completely. Healthy fats can generally be found in nuts and dairy for my preferences. A handful of almonds mid afternoon will help keep me from raiding the fridge or cabinets if I don't get in the house until 8 pm.

It sounds like he is getting cardio which will trigger the body to burn fats of he's not feeding it a ton of carbs. The only thing better would be to add weights to the mix. Cardio will boost your metabolism for up to 24 hours. Weights can push that out to 48. No, you don't have to lift to become Arnold either.

Lately I’ve been burning a lot of calories. Started eating dried, tart cherries and almonds as snacks. If I wasn’t so consumed with all the physical ranch activities I’d definitely go back to lifting weights immediately. Just don’t have time right now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)