AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fine tuning JD Guidance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

reyros
Posted 8/8/2020 09:42 (#8422578)
Subject: Fine tuning JD Guidance

This spring was our first year running JD gen 4 displays with RTK. Running strip till with active imp steering and planter with passive. Love the JD platform over Trimble. Things seem to make more sense on the JD screens and the line sharing and management are much easier. As far as out in the field running we didn't hit our strips as well as we normally are used too. I think much of the blame was ours, spring came fast and we were learning a lot of new things on the go. Plan to do factory resets for this fall and make sure all measurments and off sets are correct in the displays and in ops center. I plan to really focus on the TCM cal and making sure they are perfect. I was not all that impressed with the tilt comp one the 6000 and am hoping this will help fix it. Going over slope changes affected our lines more than it seemed to using the old NAV II. Any tips you more experienced guys have for operation and set up. Lots of curves and hills here along with strip till can be a challenge. Already have plans to use a pro trakker on the planter next year. Hoping that on our steeper curves we aren't maxed out on swing too often. Like the platform but hoping for better results in the future. Have heard of some guys changing receiver heights in the display to help with tilt comp??

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)