AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fine tuning JD Guidance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

superfordman
Posted 8/15/2020 12:05 (#8436660 - in reply to #8422578)
Subject: RE: Fine tuning JD Guidance

NE CO
I was going to say the same thing, your setup of using active then passive guidance definitely isn't the best IMO. Either need to go all active or all passive, especially if you have bigger/longer implements. Passive still has its limits and if you were trying to follow active with a passive setup, I can only imagine how it didn't line up, especially in hills. I haven't been around protrakkers very much but I know they do have their limits side to side to just keep that in mind. Just try to use the same setup between strip till and planting, so if the strip till is pull type with a protrakker, have a pull type planter with a protrakker as well will yield the best results. Around my area we run all orthman trackers on the back of implements which work good and are very responsive if you don't mind the ground engaging part of them, but even in our steep sand hills at times even they don't hold, but that is only about 1% of the time if even that.

You can lower the receiver height on the tractor and that will make it more responsive to hills and slopes usually.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)