AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I lost my best friend Tuesday.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

scott312
Posted 8/6/2020 18:45 (#8419436 - in reply to #8419357)
Subject: RE: I lost my best friend Tuesday.

Iowa
Red/Green - 8/6/2020 17:57

Tuesday afternoon my best friend Mike passed from pancreatic cancer. We had known each other since 2nd grade, took guitar lessons together in '64, graduated together and had played in a classic country band for 30 years. He had a backhoe and skid steer as well as a track loader in the past and had done a lot of work for me over the years as well as building repairs. We would average eating lunch at least once a week for the last several years as well as playing Rook with our wives and 2 other couples 3 times a year.
We would also take our wives out to eat occasionally.
Mike had a stroke on his left side back in 2002, it took him a year to get all the use back in his left hand so he could chord his guitar, he had a stroke on his right side almost 3 years ago, he had to walk with a cane most of the time since that one and had to quit working as he just couldn't do it any longer. He sounded like Johnny Cash, so we did a lot of Cash songs as well as others. Through all of this he had a great attitude, he handled it much better than I would have. With his compromised immune system and the corona virus I didn't get to spend near as much time with him as I would have liked, when he felt like it we would sit on his front porch where we could socially distance. Hosparus had been caring for him along with his wife the last 2 weeks or so, he called me a week ago Monday and I could tell that would be the last time I'd get to talk to him.
The visitation is Sunday and the funeral is Monday, I'm going to serve as a pallbearer, that is going to be tough for me.
He was the brother that I never had, especially since I'm an only child, thanks for listening...

I'm sorry for your loss. Not many people stay close for that long. Life usually gets in the way and people drift apart.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)