AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Disbanded NRA??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 8/7/2020 08:53 (#8420539 - in reply to #8419414)
Subject: RE: Of course you would...

NC Iowa
Mark (EC,IN) - 8/6/2020 18:31

Pvafarm - 8/6/2020 16:51

No need to go there but I will. Put a list of boards you have volunteered time for over the past 30-40 years and how many you currently sit on that make you open your mouth to bitch about what's wrong?

Yes there are some personal rewards available when sitting on commodity boards and action teams. It's called personal growth by visiting various businesses and learning about ways to increase sales of our products. Other than that all I had was my mouth fed, head had a pillow and everything was on my dime for the years I volunteered. It cost me monetarily so stop the bull**** of people making money being on commodity boards. Which ones have you served on? List em.

I'll go first. I currently sit on my state consultant board, WAPAC, Discovery Farms steering committee, local Jefferson County Agribusiness Board and founding member and Secretary of our local FFA alumni. Spent a decade on state corn board and several years on national action teams for ncga.

Good for you, Tom, do you have any time left to farm?

And, I kind of figure if it's my money ........... I have a right to bitch!

I might give you a few credits for the FFA alumni, the rest...........not so much.

Myself, currently I do not set on any boards, but I have donated time to the Local FFA and been a 4-H leader in the past.

Corn and Beans are the only two check-offs that effect me currently......years ago they stole money from me when I sold hogs also, but not today (hogs got so cheap with their help I sold out).

I remember when we voted the corn check-off in here in Indiana (2001)...I remember voting "NO" three times......but we finally got it right the third time (or farmers got tired of going to the FSA office to vote no) ...........so it passed.

Corn prices had started to climb at the time because of ethanol production (I still have a Gasohol sticker on the front of a truck)...I told a neighbor then "watch the check-off people take credit for this".............I was right.

No, today I get a real warm and fuzzy feeling when I see they took $5 out of every 1000 bushels of $3 corn I sell ....... I'd hate to think how cheap it would be with out all the help we get from The Indiana Corn Marketing Council. And lets not even talk about the dollar amount for beans.

I think at best, we will have to agree to disagree on this subject.

In Iowa, check off is .01 a bushel, or $10 a thousand. Is you file correctly, you can get a refund if you want. I always file, even if postage is more than refund, as a political statement.

Beans is a percentage of price and not refundable. They had rigged elections to ram that one through. Both just a tax.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)