AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sleeping pills for 2-4 hour “naps”?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 8/6/2020 23:05 (#8420107 - in reply to #8420014)
Subject: RE: Sleeping pills for 2-4 hour “naps”?

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
Tomcat - 8/6/2020 22:03

Not sure how old you are but nights get harder every year for me(43). I try to sleep in later the morning I start nights and tough it out. No matter what I do I get the hungover feeling from nights. Naps make it worse for me. First chance to sign a straight day job I will. I just got done with 6 weeks stretch of 5-8’s I could easily get used to them.

I’m 35 years old. We work 12’s, actually 4 days on shift (8:45am-9:00pm) 4 days off, 4 nights on shift (8:45pm-9:00am), 4 days off, then start over. The 4 nights isn’t so bad usually, because it’s 4 nights out of 16. But man is it catching up to me lately.

I worked there 10.5 years from 2006 to 2016 prior and it wasn’t as bad. Quit for 2.5 years to peruse a DSM Job and that didn’t pan out. Came back October of 18 and been there since. Prob be there for 2-5 more years depending on a couple rental opportunities coming up eventually. If those don’t pan out as expected I’ll probably look to cut back on acres a few and find a different job elsewhere. This one pays well but it’s at a cost I’ve figured out. Dad is 55 and has 10-15 more years of farming in him before he retires, but I don’t think I can stay on the swings that long and stay married...

Edited by GrainTrader 8/6/2020 23:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)