AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tramlines & row shutoffs for 15 inch beans: Ag Leader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Allis4ever
Posted 8/6/2020 12:47 (#8418838 - in reply to #8417002)
Subject: RE: Tramlines & row shutoffs for 15 inch beans: Ag Leader

central iowa
Jacob4T - 8/5/2020 16:10

Was thinking to myself, as i was running over beans spraying fungicide, is there a way a guy could set up a 8/15 or 12/23 kinze planter with row shutoffs to not plant on the rows where the sprayer runs on?

I've seen guys do it where the planter and sprayer are friendly widths (60 foot planter / 120 foot sprayer). Only problem is our sprayer is on 90 inch centers and the boom is 80 foot. The problem i see is that the rows that would be shut off would not be repeatable and would differ pass to pass. We run Ag Leader auto steer on everything.

Is it possible to somehow program the system or set up maps that would know which rows to shut off automatically? Probably only would work for long/straight row fields?

Thanks ya'll

I suppose in theory you could set up inside boundaries that were15" wide and it would work, but not sure how you would do it, but in theory it should shut off the one row assuming you had 23 individual clutches and the required two clutch modules to control all 23 rows individually on your planter and you were on RTK from the same source with every pass and and and LOL

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)