AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Winning!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

White Workhorse
Posted 8/4/2020 13:44 (#8414909 - in reply to #8414839)
Subject: RE: Winning!!!!

Sourthern WI
1. Clear and consistent message. Determine the direction and communicate. Saying one thing and retweeting something contradictory only creates confusion and when there's confusion people shut down and discount all that's being said.
2. Determine the team of experts who will call the shots and stick with them. Running off on twitter and finding some random doctors that contradict what is being said by head officials again causes confusion. Part of being a leader is being able to identify those who are knowledgeable and getting those people in the right position at the right time to support the cause. If Fauci isn't it, fine, then who's it going to be and why?
3. If the data isn't clear to support a decision, determine how to get the right data. E.g. if there is question about the effectiveness of masks, we are a country of Universities and institutions which can quickly run studies to get answers. Publish those studys and clearly communicate that that is the data being used to make decisions.
4. Use wartime production act to actually boost production of needed supplies for both hospitals AND the general population. Why 6 months into this is my sister who is taking care of covid patients still having to reuse single use PPE? How come I can't readily buy an N95 mask if I want to protect myself with something of know efficacy? In WWII we built the Dodge Chicago plant to make B29 engine in 18 months - 6.3 million square feet and now we struggle to even get silly masks. And the one's we do get are made in China! Talk about a missed opportunity to demonstrate our ability to stand alone as a country.
5. Actually boost test capacity. In Germany, kids conduct self tests every 4 days and get the results in less than 8 hours. If they are virus free, they get a green sticker and can go to school without having to wear a mask. My wife had to take a test a couple weeks ago and the results took a week to get. Why so long? If we want to lead, then we have to act. Again, we are America and we can make it happen...if we so choose.

I could continue but it probably isn't worth my time. If someone can't step back and look at how botched our response has been and research what other more successful countries have/haven't done, then me typing more isn't going to help. What I've learned through all this is the vast majority of people are downright lazy and grab onto any small bit of information that flies by which matches their narrative to build themselves up. I sense very few people have the motivation to really seek out information and cross check information before forming an opinion. I've got file upon file on my computer of raw data that I've down loaded so I don't need to rely on the media. I read both right and left wing media and cross check what they claim when I can. It takes a hell of a lot of work, but I think it pays off in creating a more comprehensive view of what's happening so I make an intelligent choice come November.

Satisfied?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)