AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Challenger 765 not recognizing Ag Leader system
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

FarmWeather
Posted 8/4/2020 10:48 (#8414600 - in reply to #8414183)
Subject: RE: Challenger 765 not recognizing Ag Leader system

Delta

blacklander - 8/4/2020 05:46 We have a 2004 Challenger 765 with an Ag Leader Steer Command and Integra display. We've had this system in the tractor for 4 years or so. I did some field cultivating with this setup about a month ago and it was working fine. We are running a disc with the tractor now and it won't steer. The Ag Leader display does everything except pick up the A-B line after you set it. When you hit the steering wheel icon a message comes up saying ISO/CAN communication error. My Ag Leader dealer came out yesterday and checked it out. He said the Ag Leader system is working fine, it's the tractor that's not recognizing the Ag Leader. When we first installed the Ag Leader system in this tractor we had a similar issue. He checked everything out and found a connection that wasn't making contact. He fixed it and it's worked fine since. He checked that connection out yesterday and said it's fine. The problem we have is the Agco dealer in this area is new and I don't know how much they know about the Challenger tractor. I wanted to ask here to see if anyone had any ideas where to look on the tractor to fix this. It's aggravating that it was just working fine and now it won't work at all. Thanks for any help.

Has the tractor been in the shop or had work done to it lately? There is a setting on those to allow 3rd party control over ISO. If it gets turned off you will get the behavior you describe. I can't remember what the terminology is but someone will chime in.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)