AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buying this charger for Phantom 4 batteries was a bad decision
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 8/3/2020 19:53 (#8413541)
Subject: Buying this charger for Phantom 4 batteries was a bad decision

Chebanse, IL.....

I wanted a charger to keep in my pickup for charging multiple Phantom 4 batteries. I have the DJI 3 hole charger for the office, but it's not well suited for mobile work. My pickup has a 110 outlet (2015 Silverado) so any 110 ac charger for DJI batteries would do.....so I thought. 

I saw this charger on Amazon & it seemed like it would fit the bill. Ordered it & when it arrived a couple days later, I put it on the bench & attached 2 long-time dependable DJI batteries. After a while they showed full charge. Put one of the batteries in the drone & in 5 seconds it went from full charge down to 15%. I never even took off. Removed & reinstalled battery. Same thing. OK...grab the next battery that had been charged. Put it in & the remote controller started flashing "Defective battery...dead cell.."! It would not allow you to start the props. 

These batteries have never let me down in any way in the past. The charger cooked them in my opinion. The charger is advertised as being made for DJI Phantom 4 batteries, which is what I have. Since I've only had it a few days, I requested immediate refund. Amazon issued a return label & the charger is going back for refund, not replacement. As some of you know, DJI batteries aren't cheap. I might try putting them back on the DJI charger & see if they can be revived.

Until then, I can NOT recommend this charger. Here's link to Amazon & photo of the charger.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XJHKV11/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(IMG_4084 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_4084 (full).jpg (168KB - 577 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)