AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No record in Iowa this year
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Clay SEIA
Posted 8/3/2020 23:02 (#8413987 - in reply to #8413636)
Subject: RE: No record in Iowa this year

Kooiker - 8/3/2020 20:29

You should have swung by.    I could show you a few.

The good ground is hanging together pretty good.    The "light" ground needed rain a couple weeks ago, its going downhill fast and picking up steam.     Couple piece that we farm could easily get down to double digit corn yields yet.   There's acres on those farms that single digit yields are still in play.

I'm still not ready to complain much though, the last 2 years of being way too wet sucked a lot more.

Ross, I actually had looked up your email one night sitting in the hotel room and was wondering if I could make it work to visit you or maybe Sodak on the way back home.  Unfortunately the way things ended up we came out of Bear Tooth up by the Montana/Wyoming border just before dark and drove straight through the night, got to Sioux Falls by daylight and went on home.  I don't think I could have talked anybody else in the car into an extra side adventure at that point lol.  And, your observation is something I agree with.  A great deal of your part of the world suffers more lost bushels from being excessively wet than it is right now.    Also, as I said in another recent thread here my assessment of the crop prospects over there would be ENTIRELY different if you were experiencing 102 degrees with 30 mph winds instead of 70-something and 50s overnight.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)