AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on 2009 Polaris 500 x2 not running..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

560farms
Posted 8/3/2020 10:16 (#8412551)
Subject: Update on 2009 Polaris 500 x2 not running..

western mn
A few people had given me some great pointers of where to look on our 4 wheeler as to why it quit running, and though I haven't gotten it fixed, I'm close. Turns out the wires behind the key switch are exposed to the adjustment screw for the headlight, and wiggling stuff around and the speedo powered up momentarily, and I thought I could just tape them up and prevent it from shorting out, but by the time I got them taped up, no more connection... So this morning I called and asked if it was a plug n play part of the wiring, but no, it's part of the harness and they would send me the wire diagram to see which to check and splice in a wire. And the mechanic I talked to wasn't suprised at the problem, she said those wires are very susceptible to shorting out... Good to know, thanks Polaris for not updating this problem... So yes, as a few people had told me, the wires running up the steering wheel are highly problematic and a good place to start looking if your four wheeler suddenly dies and has no power to the speedo display...

Edited by 560farms 8/3/2020 14:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)