AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cracked oil drain tube on turbo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rancherman
Posted 8/1/2020 22:39 (#8409885)
Subject: cracked oil drain tube on turbo

engine is   Cummins  903,   turbo is  (should be)  ST-50.    The   brass  nipple  which is  screwed into the bottom of the   case is   cracked and  well, now  totally separated.        I  put on this new turbo about   5 yrs ago.   IIRC,  I'd  bet I reused  some of the plumbing off the original  turbo  for the install.   

any guesses  if  this will be a  Cummins-only  type part,  which is  probably  NLA,  or    would  this be  a  turbo mfg  supplied part?   

Without  actually measuring,    It appears  to be   3/4 inch pipe,  heavy wall,  with    NPT  threads into the body, and  a  o'ring  compression  nut  that  attaches  this nipple to a  90 degree elbow.    overall length is   about   3 inches.      If  all it is, is a  o-ring  compression,  I  might  just  find a piece of  schedule  40  black pipe  and   cut it to fit.    I'll  see tomorrow  what  is  involved    on the  other end of this nipple. 

Engine  was  hot,  so I just  shut it down  and  walked away this evening.

I guess my  biggest  chore will be  extracting  the  broke off  portion  out of the turbo body..   Yeah,  it's flush.    

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)