AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1020 head auto height control not working
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tippmann98
Posted 8/2/2020 13:00 (#8410830 - in reply to #8410595)
Subject: RE: 1020 head auto height control not working

mhredman - 8/2/2020 12:00

Like mentioned. Have you adjusted sensitivity?

If that's a video of it, wont open for me. But if its jumping up and down like it sounds in description. You can adjust drop speed on 1660 at the valve bank. It may slow it down when it falls so it doesnt over react. No way to slow the raise speed.

Jus something to try I guess.

With head up. Make sure the height indicator on back side of head can be moved to other end of slot, and when let go moves freely and will flip back on it's own freely.

Also make sure the torsion spring on linkage below the potentiometer is working correctly to help keep feeler pads and linkages return. The tab on spring will pop out of slot. ( 1st pic)

Check to make sure header cart bracket didnt bend the guard for mechanical linkage making it not work freely. 3rd pic

Have the same head setup as you and run it on 1660 and 2388. For 1660 run the extra pigtail on harness. Your doing that correct.

The sensitivity knob doesn’t change the way the head is acting. Thank you for the pictures and suggestions. That gives me a good place to start. The 1660 had always ran the 20ft fine. Do you think the 25ft is that much heavier that it’s dropping too fast and over reacting like you said? I hadn’t thought of that. We have the newer, black potentiometer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)