AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

In need of a new grill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 8/2/2020 14:53 (#8411027 - in reply to #8409354)
Subject: RE: In need of a new grill

East of Broken Bow
Herby - 8/1/2020 17:58

My old one has rusted out after 10yrs.

I’m thinking along the line of infrared type grills or at least one that doesn’t have the big old grates so my burgers don’t fall through without tin foil.

I don’t have a need for a smoker type

Propane

We have had 2 of the Char Broil infrared grills. I can say, that unless the infrared plates are shot, as in holes corroded through them, you will not have any flare-ups or fires, just smoke.
Can add wood chips or pellets for flavor/smoke, and cook with propane.
We thought about rebuilding our old one, as it was time for major work after I don't know how many years, but decided to go with a new one, to get the improvements.
Our new one, has a cast iron grate, which makes super sear marks, and and improved infra red diffuser, which is FAR easier to clean, than the old style, and from my best 'farmer guess' will also be more durable. With the new one, you can even throw the diffuser in the dishwasher, if you want. The old grill had a multi-piece diffuser that was to be hand-washed, and was a pain to clean, the new one has a one-piece diffuser, with the grate above, which both works better, and is easier to clean.
You can literally pack it full of bacon, turn the heat on high, and if the phone rings or something, you come back to bacon burnt to a crisp, but NO flare ups, through the whole thing. Don't ask me how I know, but I'm still mourning the loss of like 2 pounds of bacon.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)