AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Asking here because my thinking is you guys may know . Raspberry Pi ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 8/2/2020 14:17 (#8410976 - in reply to #8409314)
Subject: RE: Asking here because my thinking is you guys may know . Raspberry Pi ?

Middlesex County, Ontario
My day job is industrial automation, we develop and build automated systems. My background prior and hobbies are microcontrollers and Arduino type projects.

An Arduino or Pi is not a good device for sitting in an electrical panel 24/7 in all temperatures. If you put an Arduino inside of a nice case, give it a nice power supply filter, add on modular and rugged IO, and give it the ability to make program changes while running, then you have a PLC.

You want to focus on making your dryer run. You don’t want to focus on how to make cheap electrical components rugged enough for your application. Just start with a PLC.

Automation direct is an online supplier of low and medium quality automation components. They have released their own brand of PLCs, called the Click series. The Click series is more affordable than Allen Bradley PLCs. Quality is similar to the lowest spec Allen Bradley PLCs.

If I were in your shoes I would start with a used Allen Bradley PLC, or a Click PLC. I would order many things from Automation Direct (DIN rail, buttons, contractors, power supplies, indicator lamps, etc).

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)