AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Asking here because my thinking is you guys may know . Raspberry Pi ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 8/2/2020 11:42 (#8410691 - in reply to #8409314)
Subject: RE: Asking here because my thinking is you guys may know . Raspberry Pi ?

Wi
There's some great low cost easy to use PLCs on the market also. For some processes they are nicer than a Pi or Arduino. More expensive, but hardened and ready to run out of the box. Most use ladder diagram which is easy for simple operations. Some offer Function Block and structured text also. Automation Direct has a large support following that helps newbs. Allen Bradley won't even answer the phone for you or I.

When you get into more complex algorithms, ladder starts to lose its appeal. There's things I really like about programming in C or Python, but it took a lot longer to learn enough to be even semi-useful. Ladder can have you turning things on and off in no time and PLCs rarely glitch. I've never had one do something unintended on its own. The only time I've ever had one quit was due to a lightning strike.

There's a few on here that are familiar with using Arduino for grain stuff, the two I was thinking of have already commented but there are others also.

Edited by durallymax 8/2/2020 11:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)