AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Asking here because my thinking is you guys may know . Raspberry Pi ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/2/2020 11:07 (#8410612 - in reply to #8409403)
Subject: RE: Asking here because my thinking is you guys may know . Raspberry Pi ?

Don't call it a 'gator, it's a Ranger
Like Bob, I've messed with the Ardunio family a bit. I have not done much that is terribly complicated but a few things are useful. As I understand this the Arduino family consists of micro controllers whereas the Raspberry Pi is actually more correctly referred to as a small computer.

They each have their place and have advantages and disadvantages.

I have need for a method to mix batches of spray for my sprayer and planter. I have currently been using a self contained Raven flow meter that simply goes inline and displays the running total. I typically make 750 gallon batches so this tells me when to shut off the water.

I'm thinking about attempting to wire up an Arduino to work with a loose flow meter to accomplish this. Since all the mixing is done in the yard, I might even be able to have a large display.

Not to discourage you or your son, but drying corn is fairly complex and I would strongly suggest working on some simple projects first. I belong to a user group for Arduino. Many times I will see requests for help with a "first" project. Some of these first projects are quite complex and not a realistic place to start. They should spend some time at the shallow end of the pool before attempting a high dive into the deep end.

Incidentally a business in the town next to me specializes in rebuilding and updating Kan-Sun dryers. They know about these more than most places. The name of the business is Freeborn's Pride Builders. Might want to give them a call concerning updating your Kan-Sun.

https://freebornspridebuilders.com/

Edited by tedbear 8/2/2020 11:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)