AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Connecting Pro 700 & Nav III to Agleader 6500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/1/2020 15:54 (#8409144 - in reply to #8409098)
Subject: RE: Connecting Pro 700 & Nav III to Agleader 6500

Don't call it a 'gator, it's a Ranger
I'm fairly certain that the InCommand would need to work with Ag Leaders SteerCommand for steering. I have three tractors that way. One InCommand 1200 is moved to the combine for yield monitoring and uses an older Raven Phoenix 200 on WAAS there BUT no auto steer is involved.

If I wanted to add Auto Steer to the combine, I could move one of my SteerCommand ECUs to the combine but would have to move one of my 6500s. Some other items would be needed as well.

Concerning the steering angle sensor. I have a Trimble 750 with a steering angle sensor and a Nav II on an older Quad. It works fine. Originally I had Trimble Nav IIs with Ag Leader Insights in two MFWD tractors that used the steering angle sensor. The problem I had with them was a fair amount of problems with the stub cable.

A couple of years ago, Ag Leader had a trade-up program allowing me to trade in my Insights, Nav IIs and steering angle sensors toward InCommand 1200s, GPS 6500s, SteerCommand ECU and Ag Leaders steering angle sensor. I was less than excited about going from Trimble steering angle sensor back to a linkage based system with an external sensor that Ag Leader supplies.

My installer didn't like Ag Leaders generic linkage arrangement so he made custom linkage for my tractors. The 8120 has ILS and the older 8310 does not. He make special linkage for each and they have worked without a problem. I also have an InCommand, SteerCommand and 6500 in an 8310R. In that tractor, the ECU connects to the Deere CAN and uses the Deere steering sensor. That has worked well also.

I have no experience with the Ag Leader steering position sensor in an articulated tractor such as the Quad. I think that the generic linkage is a problem in many cases and they should provide vehicle specific linkages such as my installer made for me.

Edited by tedbear 8/1/2020 16:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)