AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

T cell immunity to Covid-19...many of us have it.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John Burns
Posted 8/1/2020 11:45 (#8408775 - in reply to #8408689)
Subject: RE: T cell immunity to Covid-19...many of us have it.

Pittsburg, Kansas

In this Ivor Cummins interview the immunologist states that our maximum immune response capacity is at puberty and goes down as we age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBRcK-od50Q

So while age has the benefit of being exposed to more problems so a better immune memory, the ability of our immune system to fight off pathogens decreases. Add in comorbidity factors such as insulin resistance and associated obesity and other health issues and we have less ability to fight off the virus.

An interesting thing about vaccines is that they require an immune response to be effective. So the poorer the health we are in and the older we get, the less effective a vaccine will be because of a muted immune response. So the people that need the vaccine the most will be the least effective.

I can relate to you not following all the links. It can be very time consuming with some of it very beneficial and some worthless. But it is the only way I know to be informed is to seek out independent information. I have found main stream news to be of little use for practical and truthful information. I provide links in my posts knowing that most people will not follow or watch them. But at least if they question what I say the information is there to view for themselves and can decide if it is worthwhile or not.

John

Edited by John Burns 8/1/2020 11:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)