AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A bushel of corn is the same everywhere
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

mfro629
Posted 8/1/2020 16:44 (#8409215 - in reply to #8409189)
Subject: RE: A bushel of corn is the same everywhere

central illinois
ehoff - 8/1/2020 16:29

After huge sales the market went down!

Maybe that is because the market is more than China! As long as world supply outdoes world demand price will remain low. Look for the opportunity in low prices and not just in corn. Beans will probably be the big story but I suspect they will make new contract lows also.

Learn to harvest the board. There are times that risk in owning the board is way lower than risk in planting the crop so why not own the board when the risk is wrung out of price.

Continue to focus on China or whatever it might be that is causing price to not do what you think it ought to and you will continue to get what you are getting.

Start focusing on opportunity and put the odds in your favor to harvest the market and your entire thought process will change and it will open up possibilities never seen before.

And you can have 3 harvests corn, beans board.

If you continue to focus on China or whatever your market boogie man is in your current situation you will never open your mind to harvesting the market.

A guy down the road from me decided he was going to do just what you suggested a few years back... he was farming 10,000 acres .... now he farms none... Because he went broke... plenty of family farms also went belly up in the 70s playing the board also..... there is always a smarter guy around the corner I’ve seen em come and go plenty of times.... I want to make money but I damn sure don’t want to raise a crop for .02c less than my neighbors so they
Go broke before I do... farmers like to see their neighbors be prosperous as well... at least the good ones do

Edited by mfro629 8/1/2020 16:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)