AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A couple of steers ready to go Pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Emu
Posted 7/31/2020 22:17 (#8407930)
Subject: A couple of steers ready to go Pics

Tamworth NSW Australia

A couple of steers heading to a carcase competition tomorrow. With all the covid craziness this year the live judging has been cancelled so all the steer shows are carcase only at the moment.

My bull provider is also the Agriculture teacher at a local school, these steers are prepared by his students as part of their ag studies. Great to see the passion and commitment the kids have for the steers. They love preparing and showing so its a real shame they cant get to do it this year. With the carcase feedback data they do get to see the business end of production and relate that back to the live animals they have prepared.

The word is they are over the fat specs by a couple of mm, will see the results on Wednesday. Better to be a bit over than a bit underdone. No chance of winning this one but great to be in the competition and compare my steers to the best in the industry. They do have a 10hr truck ride with an overnight stop and mixing with strange cattle so I hope they handle it all right.

Edit to add: They weigh 570 and 620kg, ~1250 and 1360 pounds and milk teeth (I'm not sure which is the heavier one).

Edited by Emu 7/31/2020 22:27

(Resized_20200729_095758 (full).jpeg)

(Resized_20200729_093832 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Resized_20200729_095758 (full).jpeg (127KB - 13 downloads)
Attachments Resized_20200729_093832 (full).jpeg (149KB - 11 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)