AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

program to switch desktop icons on off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Cooperator
Posted 7/30/2020 18:20 (#8405551 - in reply to #8405517)
Subject: RE: program to switch desktop icons on off

Central Alberta
Chris - 7/30/2020 17:06

I was thinking it would be nice to have a macro or program that would access VIEW on my Windows 10 laptop and turn off or turn on viewing icons.

You can right click on the desktop, click on view and then choose Show Desktop icons to see them or de-select to have a clean desktop with no icons, only the picture.

If there was a bat file or macro that you could assign some keystrokes to do that it would be nice.

Try putting them in folders.
I was like most people who found it convenient to store files on my desktop, but I got a lot of pressure to take them off the desktop by my computer guy, and then by Windows, relentlessly trying to get me to agree to clean up my desktop. I didn't see anything wrong with the way I was doing it from my perspective, but I went along with a compromise. The trick I came up with was to move the files to a folder on the hard drive, and then to copy back a shortcut. It looked nearly the same on the desktop, but it didn't occupy desktop memory. Next, I moved some of the shortcuts to folders and created shortcuts to the folders on the desktop. This works just as well as storing the files on the desktop.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)